Social Media Marketing is not a new concept anymore. With such voracious approach, getting success in Social Media Marketing Campaign can be a daunting task for your business.
Millions of accounts spreading Billions of posts on the social media platforms increases the amount of noise which is difficult to cut or ignore. You must have seen many popular brands cutting through the noise and increasing the engagement level with their relevant audience.
How they do it?
They only do better than the others. There are numerous factors which have the potential to make your social media marketing campaign successful. Out of all the other factors, a clear social media marketing plan is paramount.
On the daily basis, social media posts are designed carefully to engage the target audience.
There are only two weapons you can use from your arsenal!!! Skills in Social Media Marketing and creativity are these weapons which can help you achieve success in your social media marketing campaign.
Here in this post, we will learn about building an effective social media marketing plan from the scratch.
So, without any further ado, let’s get you started,
Step #1: Contemplate Your Current Social Media Marketing Tactics
Before you take any other step, analyzing your current social media post can be beneficial for the future of your business. Now, since you are analyzing your past social media posts, it will be very convenient if you review your current social media marketing plan.
Yes, I understand that the reviewing process of your entire social media marketing campaign can be a daunting task. The data is too much which will give you hard time for sure. The data to be analyzed includes all the previous social media graphics and posts. That amount of content can intimidate any person.
That is the reason people often ignore such tedious process and later pay the price with ineffective social media messages. To come up on top of that, you need to ask yourself some questions which will help you in getting ample interesting facts.
- What is working for you till now?
- Who do you think is your ideal client?
- Where your ideal client converse?
- Which channel do you value most?
- Where is the focus of your efforts?
- Did you find any area of opportunity for growth?
- Which platforms are not working for you at all?
- How many of your efforts are seer waste?
- What are your competitors are doing?
Once you are able to find the answers to these questions, you will be able to build a strong foundation for your new social media marketing plan.
Step #2: Set Some Achievable Goals for your Social Media Marketing Plan
So, are you done with the review? If yes, then it is time to set some baselines for the future of your business.
You must have noticed that I specifically mentioned achievable goals. It is very crucial for your plan. The goals need to be real and achievable otherwise your entire plan might drown in the deep oblivion.
When you set a baseline for your campaigns, you are right on the track in crafting achievable goals. Baselines are the metrics where your current campaigns are.
A baseline for you can be a number of followers, daily or weekly mentions, engagement, or any other metric your business care about.
At Woosper, we always set baselines before start working on any of the projects. We never pick any growth metric and try to achieve it. We set baselines based on the current social media metrics and then design an approach which will be helpful in achieving realistic goals rather than following up hokum.
Make sure that your Goals and baselines follow the S.M.A.R.T.
Wait!!!! What is SMART?
- Specific: This goal is specific to Instagram and the increasing follower count.
- Measurable: The follower count and growth percentage are measurable.
- Achievable: It’s definitely achievable, 30% growth isn’t that hard with 66k followers.
- Relevant: Their ideal customer is on Instagram and their strongest platform. And it lines up with their company goals.
- Time-bound: It’s a goal that can be achieved in 30 days and is tracked weekly.
Step #3: Break Goals Down Into Prioritized Inputs and Track-Able Metrics, and Then Assign Them to Your Team
Now that you have set some achievable goals, you need to break them down into smaller inputs.
These inputs can be tasks, to-dos or experiments that you can run to hit those goals. It doesn’t matter what you call it, they just need to be actionable, relevant and track-able. Otherwise, you are going to be throwing random ideas at the problem and have nothing to show for it.
In fact, having a well-defined process is the backbone of any good social media plan or marketing plan as well.
Let’s go ahead and use the above outline to come up with a few tasks that directly impact our goal from earlier, like so:
- Research our competitors in the running industry on social media.
- Outline a posting schedule that coincides with big running events.
- Brainstorm how we can use our brand colors and logo more.
- Reach out to 10 running influencers and ask to collaborate.
And here are a few experiments that you could run to help increase follower count:
- Implement our new brand colors on 50% of posts and see if that impacts brand awareness.
- Post 2x more frequently than we have been and track follower increases.
- Buy $20 of Instagram ads to reach more running enthusiasts and increase total followers.
- Collaborate with 2 running influencers on Instagram and promote it on our other social channels.
Winding It Up
So, these are the three-step process through which you can achieve the success which will give kudos to your social media marketing campaign. At Woosper, we follow this 3-step guide to make sure that you achieve the success you always dreamt of.
Let me know your thoughts on this. Cheerio for now!!!